Part-time Barn Staff
A part-time barn staff will care for a variety of large and small animals for Sunshine's therapeutic animal program. Sunshine Communities is looking for dependable candidates with a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and good communication skills. Must be at least 18 years old.
Job duties include:
- Feeding animals
- Handling animals daily including turnout, bringing in, and hoof cleaning
- Mucking stalls, and removing manure from paddocks, pastures and run-in shed
- Cleaning small animal hutches and pens
- Scrubbing water buckets, troughs, and bottles to ensure animals have fresh water daily
- Grooming and bathing animals
- Providing medication or wound care as needed
- Following daily checklist to ensure all tasks are met
Two years experience with horses and knowledge of common equine illnesses, nutrition needs, horse handling skills, and maintaining high-quality of feed and care.
- Ability to physically do all tasks required including lifting 50 pounds of muck buckets, hay bales, shaving and feed bags
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Flexibility and willingness to cover shift when there is a call- off
- Adherence to no smoking policy on Sunshine campus
- Ability to drive a tractor a plus
Part-time employees will be eligible for personal and vacation time as well as an active and ongoing bonus program.