DSP Manager Trainee
Intense two to three months of training that combines 50% of time providing direct support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with 50% of time spent with online and classroom type training. This is in preparation for being assigned a caseload of individuals supported by the agency either residentially or in a vocational program. The program manager position this prepares for is summarized below:
Reports to an area Director and is responsible for an assigned caseload of individuals
Works with Scheduling department to ensure staff coverage and support for assigned homes or vocational sites. This at times includes working in those homes or vocational sites.
- Assesses needs acuity and supporting documentation using required state assessment tools such as ODDP, IAF, AAI, etc.
- Ensures thorough assessment of needs, involving clinical staff as appropriate, including OT, PT, Speech, Medical, Nursing and Behavior AnalystStaff support
- Hires staff members and provides regular feedback to staff that includes hand on training, support and evaluation.
- Communicates staff feedback and uses it effectively to improve services and the work environment
Develops (or participates in development of) support plans that address needs and preferences of the individual and family. Assures all necessary approvals and resources are in place before implementation.
Participates in agency on call system on a rotational basisReports to an area Director and is responsible for an assigned caseload of individuals
Bachelor's degree required for some positions and is preferred for others as well as one or more years’ experience in the field of developmental disabilities, or a combination of education and relevant experience. One or more years’ experience in supervision strongly preferred as well as some direct caregiving/support services.
Financial peace of mind is key to great care. Sunshine offers these great benefits - and more!
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Bonuses 3X per year
- 401(k) with company match
- Disability and life insurance
- Interest-free tuition loans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Member of an ERN (Employee Resource Network)
- Access to a Success Coach
- Training for advancement and promotion